Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ginger Kidding Around


Team 1 Submission: A Live-In Volkswagen Bus
Complete with Grateful Dead Bumper Sticker



Team 2 Submission: Edible Replica of the Mule Barn
Complete with Three Cent's Animal Friends



Team 3 Submission: Geometric/ Color Candy Land
aka, Josef Alber's Funhouse.

Any redneck sports cup series worth it's salt needs a good acronym (for example), and what you see before you are the end results of the first annual BFGBR (Boling/ Fowler Gingerbread Battle Royale). The Competition consists of three teams that are presented with the same amount of dough, icing, and toppings. Each team is charged with the task of creating a ginger structure that could be livable for any healthy gingerbread man, woman, or family. Each team gets a planning period and alternates baking rounds in the oven. The main problem we ran up against was impartial judging, so, I open it up to anyone who'd like to place their vote for the winning structure. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition for the Holidays.

BFGBR doesn't roll off the tongue yet, but it will.

**Also, I can't help but mention, I woke up to a White Christmas. Thanks Santa, you're the best!

5 comments:

  1. once a "high school hippie," i can't help but give a big ol' box of rain for the bear bus. but truly, the big sad chicken barn is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child of the 60s, I have to give a nod to the VW bus! Groovy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm disqualified because I made it, but team 3! Team 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much weight should be put on the durability of the piece? I ask, for the word I heard is that both the bus, as adorable as it was, and the mule barn, as authentic as it was, have both been consumed by one fuzzy, four-legged, non-voting member of the family. Long live the Bauhaus.

    ReplyDelete