Monday, June 21, 2010

The Five P's

Peanuts and Pop.
On view, the great art of peanut shell stacking.
Make a note, this is a good Father's Day Weekend Activity.


Phaseolus Lunatus.
Also known as the Lima Bean. This is one of the crops I replanted
last week, and she sure is taking off. Just look at how the Fordhook
seed stays a part of the plant stalk after germination. Not pictured:
the chicken manure stuck to my elbows and knees from getting
on all fours to take this picture.

Future Pickle?
This is the Armenian Slicing Cucumber. I took
all sorts of pictures trying to give a frame of reference
for just how large this lady is, but nothing really
captured it. Not even my dirty converse. I'll
break out the ruler once she's ready to harvest.

Pink.
Probably the biggest disappointment of my garden so far has been
my zinnias and cosmos. I planted them along the border to the
entrance in an attempt to make any garden visitors feel welcome,
but i'm afraid this flower is a wolf pack of one.

Discussion topic this evening: Are pickles better at hydrating you then Gatorade? No conclusive evidence either way, but here's what we did find out.... Pickles are high in Potassium. Surprisingly high.


1 comment:

  1. While tastes differ, and sometimes you just want to see how BIG that thing will get, your armenian cucumber appears ripe. With this albino of the cucumber family, as with many vegetables, my experience has been - go for size, lose flavor. Plus, it seems picking prods the cucumber plant to produce another.

    ReplyDelete