Monday, June 14, 2010

Thick line. Thin line.

"And I was like, holy crap, it's your birthday rap.
You think i'm such a sap. Girl, you need to take a nap.
Another year slap. Time goes by like a laser zap.
Your cellphone is ringing off the hook with family's yap, yap, yap.
Thanks for listening to this rap.
It's just a love map.
Next month when I see you i'm goin' buy you a present at the Gap."
--birthday voicemail from one of the brothers

This pretty much sums up how amazing my birthday was this past weekend. We were visited by two scholars, two bakers, and two alcohol afficianados... that makes for one helluva day. Despite all of the company, I got to steal a special moment or two with both my mom and dad, and that's the kind of life reaffirming stuff I live for. I'm luckier than one girl should be, and I tried my best to soak in everything that I have been blessed with. For me, this birthday was more of a celebration of where I am and what I had to learn to get to this moment. Hopefully my path doesn't end here, there's much more to do, see, and become, but for the first time in a few years I feel like i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.



Macaroons brought/baked by my friend Jess. There was pistachio, strawberry, banana and
chocolate, almond, coconut and lime, peanut butter and jelly, and chocolate on chocolate.
Just ogle that talent, almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

Evidence of my calligraphy lesson with mom, aka "Teach". The elegant and even
lettering in black is hers... the not so fancy penmanship in red is mine.

Impossibly good Lemon and Blueberry Ginger Jam cake made by Miss Judi. The best
birthday cake i've ever had.

And, last but not least, a photo of FrankenSadie because my rapping brother
says that you can't have a blog that talks about a cute puppy without showing
the cute puppy. This is just after her entropion surgery, notice the stitches.
Poor girl, she's healing nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Those are truly the most peaceful moments of life--when you reflect backward, see your path clearly, and know that you've ended up in the place and with the people you were meant to. It's synchronicity. I was so happy to read this entry and know that you feel so good about your move. You are one of the loveliest and wisest young women I have ever met. You helped me in more moments that I could count, and I only knew you for a few months' time! Please stay in touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete