Monday, January 3, 2011

In With the Old

cue up tinkering sounds and "busy" music


I think the game of CLUE was invented with just such a library in mind.


This tiny bathroom is made with real marble.

Well it's cold and wet and rainy and January, and I think the animals are in the same mood I'm in. The kind of mood where you think, "hey, maybe I'll go buy twenty scratch off tickets so I can afford my imaginary over-priced resort vacation where I can spend a week at the all you can drink mimosa bar". That's when you realize your laundry list of things to do is taller than father time, and you need to make progress on it tout de suite. So, what do I have to show for today's labors? Well, I spent at least an hour doing research on Queen Mary's doll's house because I wasn't aware such a thing existed until National Geographic November 1980 told me all about it and made my heart skip a beat to think about a miniature piano that actually plays, miniature toilets that actually flush, and all of those people who spent four years making an exact replica of everything (and I mean everything) in Queen Mary's 1920 mansion. Then, it was off to tidying up a bit, since i'm no Queen Mary, and have to be my own maid. Next up, office hours, trying not to think about the old/ new Twilight movie that I saw last night and how I wish I could un-watch it so I could re-watch it tonight and enjoy it just as much. Finally, I made chocolate chip cookies, because they're my favorite and dammit every sad donkey deserves a cookie on a rainy night in January.



(that ain't sugar on those cookies.... it's sea salt, yum!)

By the way, I've been dying to tell you about a few of my Christmas presents but haven't found a modest way to brag yet so once I find the right way to showcase the goodies, you're in for a treat.
(And just thought I should add, if I did win money on scratch off tickets my splurge would not be a resort vacation. I ain't that kind of lady. (Maybe a Three Centuries Farm/Dollhouse a la Queen Mary would fit the bill?)

1 comment: